Saturday 5 August 2017

The Flower Challenge - August

Oh how I love the beginning of the month, as its time for 'month-long' challenges to start and we get to see what will inspire us!!  This month's theme at The Flower Challenge  will have you all grabbing for your ink pads:


                               



 I always tend to do some sort of stamping on my cards but its mainly outline stamps for colouring in later. This time I decided I would get out some solid stamps and go crazy:

  
How's this for a funky design and mix of colours! I would never have thought to put this combo together if not for a certain tissue box in my lounge room. I kept walking past it and it caught my eye every time, so I decided to pay hommage to it!! 



To start off I cut a panel of white CS the same size as my card front. I found a nice solid flower stamp and used Hero Arts Shadow Ink 'Navy' and Waffle Flower Inks 'My Pleasure', 'Like a Pro!' and 'Safe Choice' to create the background pattern. I wanted to make sure the navy flowers were on top of the rest, so started the random pattern with the light pink first, then the grey, the coral and then the navy on top.

I needed the flowers to have a bit more detail, so I used a stamp from the same set as the flower and heat embossed it in white only on the navy flowers. For all the others I used a white gel pen and added different sized dots. 

Since I had done so much stamping I decided to just create some die-cuts for the sentiment. I die-cut an oval from the middle of the panel. I then die-cut the 'hello' three times from white CS, glued them together and then to the oval. The panel was adhered to the card front and the oval popped on foam tape. I also added some co-ordinating sequins for a bit more shine.

The flower and flower detail stamps are from Hero Arts 'Let Love Grow'. The oval die is from Studio Katia. The 'hello' die is from Simon Says Stamp and the sequins are from Neat and Tangled.

I've got four challenges I would like to enter:

Southern Girls Challenge # 165 (Flower Power)

Uniko Challenge # 42 



Stamplorations CAS Summer Challenge 



Virginia's Summer Blog Party 



You have until Friday 25th August to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and don't forget to take a peek at the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. There's ALOT of inspiration there!! Can't wait to see what you come up in the Gallery and we will be back on the 15th with a few more cards to show you.

Take care
Shona
  

12 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I totally understand you using a tissue box as inspiration. The ones I have in the house are so colourful I may just have to steal your idea. Love how it's quite busy yet very well defined with each of the colours and then the highlight of the central sentiment. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona fabulous card, love those rich colours and the wonderful flowers used. You have been making some brilliant backgrounds with flowers recently love em all. Brilliant use of the die cut and white Hello xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tissue boxes are such a fabulous inspiration aren't they? Love your modern all over flower design and the colours look so good together. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always knew those tissue boxes were good for something other than holding tissue. This box is stunning but I think your background is even better. Love that you used navy...such a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card and fantastic inspiration...great work mf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and love your pretty flowers and background stamping ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful take on your tissues box! I like the subtle raised circle - adds that little something x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this so much, Shona! You represented the box perfectly on your card :)! Love that you cut the oval panel to pop up the sentiment! Brilliant design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and I love how you got your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply amazing! LOVE how you were inspired and your recreation is jaw dropping. Thanks so much for sharing this delight in the Uniko gallery. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Sho, congrats on winning the Altenew gift card from Virginia's Summer blog party. Your card was the such an eye-catcher...good thing you had that tissue box to inspire you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you've used the inspiration on your card! Bold, bright - just gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with our flowers challenge at Uniko! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete