Saturday 5 May 2018

The Flower Challenge # 20

Woo hoo, its the weekend (well on this side of the world.....) and even though I have to work today (Saturday) at least I have tomorrow to look forward too. And the weather is supposed to be really good, so that's a bonus. An alpaca farm is open to visitors on Sunday so I'm taking the kids. Phoebe is obsessed with Llamas/Alpacas so she is extremely excited!!





Its a new month so that means a new theme at The Flower Challenge. This month we are looking for floral projects with 'Acetate/Vellum'. You can use one or the other....or both if your extra adventurous!!

I haven't used vellum on my cards for a while, so thought I would use it this time for a simple card design that I could replicate:


I really wanted some cards in my stash that I could grab and send to friends to give them a boost. I don't often make more than one card at a time but have so many floral stamps to choose from, I couldn't help myself!!


This was super simple to make. I cut two panels of grey CS slightly smaller than my card front and used my MFT Stamps 'Square Peek-a-boo' die to cut windows from both of them. Using a pencil, I put the panels over the card front and marked out where the window would sit. I then blended Distress Oxide Inks 'Worn Lipstick' and 'Squeezed Lemonade' on the card fronts, using the pencil marks to make sure the colour was even under the window.

I selected some floral stamps (the single one is from Rosies Studio 'Flourish' and the others are from Altenew from the 'Beautiful Day' and 'Remember This' sets). I heat embossed them in white on some plain vellum. I added double-sided tape around the window on the back and put the vellum in place. The panels were then put on foam tape over the card front.

The sentiments (both from MFT Stamps 'Raving Raccoons') were stamped in black on white strips of CS and put on foam tape, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

You have until Friday 25th May to link your projects to The Flower Challenge. And if you need any ideas on what to make, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Gwendolyn of Desperate Housewife Craft have created for you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift these would be if made into a card set. Beautiful and simple and the colors are divine. I'm going to have a tough time coming up with anthing this good for the month of May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Shona - love the way you have used the vellum - I would love to have some cards on hand - one day when I catch up on birthday cards... I seem to be running late all year this year! Grrr
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the soft grey colour and this set of cards Shona...and the pretty flowers of course too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful set of cards Shonna, love the little window die cut and the lovely flowers stamped on the Vellum.
    This is indeed a fabulous design that can be mass produced for gift giving.
    I have this little die, I must use it soon, it's simply adorable.
    Big Hugs, my dear.
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards Shona, the vellum against the ink blending really pops. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards Shona! So pretty and simple and the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete