Wednesday 21 February 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

We've had an interesting week so far here weather-wise. Monday was very hot and sticky, yesterday it rained from 6am to 9pm non-stop and now today its sunny. We were all preparing for the arrival of Cyclone Gita and its 130kph winds but didn't get any wind at all!! Very lucky indeed! This also means that I couldn't garden yesterday and can't today either because everything is so wet, so have been catching up on housework and card making!!





I'm slipping in an entry for the current Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Add a die-cut'. You all know how much I love a good die-cut, especially a fiddly design but decided to get inky with a stencil instead:


I love rainbow colours on a card but I hadn't tried to create one with this stencil, so the time was right!! 

I used washi tape to hold the MFT 'Radiating Rays' stencil over the card front. Using my mini-blending sponges and a rainbow of distress inks I blended circles of colour from the inside out. I didn't want to cover up too much of my rainbow, so die-cut the 'hello' die (from Simon Says Stamp) 3x from black CS, glued them together and then to the card front, adding lots of Glossy Accents on top. I then stamped the sentiment (from MFT 'Bitty Bears') on a strip of white CS and glued it in place along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm also going to add this to the CAS on Friday Challenge # 126 where their theme is also 'Dies'.

I'm off to the supermarket now and then will take Bella for a walk. We can't run along the riverbank as we normally would because of flooding, so will wander around the neighbourhood looking at other peoples houses and gardens. I find it so hard though being a gardener and seeing so many beautiful gardens overflowing with weeds. I just want to jump the fence and tidy it all up!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. The tie dye look is awesome!
    I use to alway have a tie dye shirt on my boy when he was younger because he was everywhere...easier to spot him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I once owned a shirt like this...loved it then, love this now. Fabulous stencilling...you should use them more often. You're always welcome at my house, whether you pull weeds or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Shona. I love the the colours and design. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete