Monday 27 November 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Snowflake Inspiration

Hi there everyone, I hope you've had or are having a fantastic weekend. And for all of you in the U.S. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends. And I'm looking forward to seeing all your shopping hauls from your Black Friday spending!!

I'm up on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with some 'Snowflake' inspired cards:


I started out making one card but it turned into two, so that's a bonus for my Christmas card stash!!


For this first card I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than my card front and die-cut the snowflake from Funky Flakes Fri-Dies across the panel. I then decided that it needed some colour so I used my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' to colour it. I added lots of foam tape to the back and put on the card front. 

The sentiment from Noel Fri-Dies was die-cut from silver CS and glued to some white CS which I then fussy cut and popped on foam tape. To finish off I glued on some sequins from the Sistahood Sparkle Sequin Mix.


When I was blending the die-cut panel for the first card, I had some white paper underneath and when I lifted it up it had left behind the coolest pink stencil snowflakes, so that inspired this card!!

I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front and before I put the first card together, I put the die-cut snowflake panel over top and blended the same Distress Ink over top. I popped the panel up on foam tape over the card front, die-cut another word from the Noel Fri-Dies with silver CS, glued it on to some white CS and fussy cut it out. This was put on foam tape along with some more of the same sequins. Nothing better than a 'two for one' deal!!



All of the products I used for these cards are actually on sale at the moment. And using my special Girl Friday Code you can save yourself another 15% on top of that!!!






I hope this has given you some ideas to try with your Christmas cards. Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again next month on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. You're so clever. Getting a two for one out of your diecutting. And just look at the stunning results. Both cards are unique and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete