Saturday 21 October 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - October New Release - Day 3

Wow, we are already up to Day 3 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps October New Release. I hope you've liked what you've seen so far and enjoyed all the projects by the Girl Fridays!!

Today we introduce 'Joy':





I really love stamp sets that have large words, so I fell in love with this set straight away!! The font is gorgeous and I love the intricate snowflakes too. I desperately need to make more Christmas cards and decided to use my favourite colour combo for this design:


I so wish I could have captured the sparkle and shimmer on this card with my camera, it looks dazzling in person!!

To start off I cut a tag from watercolour CS using the largest die from the 'Tag Buddies Fri-Dies' set. I stamped and heat embossed the 'joy' in white, and then used my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' to colour the whole tag. To give it some interest I sprayed it closely with Imagine Crafts 'Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz' (trying saying that 3x quickly...) so that I would get small pools of spritz on the tag. I touched the blobs gently with tissue to absorb the liquid and it left the tag with a watery pattern and lots of shimmer.

Next I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front. I die-cut the tag from the middle of it and then stamped the snowflakes randomly using Waffle Flower ink in 'Daydreaming'. I put the panel up on foam tape and then pressed the tag into the space. For the sentiment I used one from 'Snowy Sayings' and put it on foam tape, along with some clear and blue sequins from Neat and Tangled.



The new stamp sets will be available to purchase this Saturday. If your doing some shopping please use my Girl Friday code to save yourself 15%!!!




Thank you for popping in again today. Don't forget to visit the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog to see what the rest of the Girl Fridays have made with the new stamp set and find out how you can win some prizes for yourself. See you back here tomorrow for the last day of the release!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderfully Christmas-y. Get a chill just looking at it. Really impressed with how that step-back tag looks among those snowflakes. You outdid yourself with this one. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete