Monday 18 September 2017

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

What a cold, yucky day it is today!! Last week it was so warm and 'Spring-like', I even wore my shorts for the first time since Summer (was so wonderful for me but probably not so good for the people seeing me lol!) but now.....the fire is going and I'm wearing a thermal. Yuck!!



For a bit of brightness on a dull day I was playing around with my Distress Inks and came up with a card just right for the current Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Clean and Simple':
 

I started off by cutting a panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I then randomly blended 'Picked Raspberry', 'Worn Lipstick' and 'Mustard Seed' till I was happy with the colours. For a bit of shimmer and interest I sprayed it with Imagine Crafts 'Sheer Sparkle Shimmer Spritz', doing it close to the panel so that droplets would drop on it that I could then press with tissues.

Once it had dried I used a stitched waffle-edged die to cut it out and then the 'hugs' die in the middle of it. I added lots of foam tape to the back and pressed it on to the card front. I wanted to keep the rest of the sentiment simple, so die-cut a strip, stamped on the sentiment with black ink and put on foam tape, along with some pink, yellow and clear sequins. I so wish you could see all the sparkle!!

The sequins are from Neat and Tangled. Everything else is from My Favourite Things. The sentiment and stitched waffle-edged dies are from 'Blueprints 27'. The sentiment stamp is from 'Beary Special Birthday'.

I'm also going to link this to the Stamplorations Summer CAS Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 
Better go stoke up the fire and work out what to make next. I'm really disappointed that I've not been able to colour every day with The Daily Marker 30 Day challenge but have coloured some things over the last two days and can't wait to turn them into cards!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. These SCRUMPtious colors should warm up your day. This is such a warm, happy card. You should be delighted. Haven't been able to play in the coloring challenge at all this time. 😣😣😣

    ReplyDelete