Sunday 3 September 2017

CASology Challenge - Week # 264

I have a question for you.....do you remember the 1980's tv programme 'Square Pegs'?? It was one of my favourite programmes when I was younger and I thought of it as soon as I saw the cue word this week for the CASology challenge!





The programme was about this young teenage girl (played by a very young Sarah Jessica Parker) and her friend who were nerds that desperately wanted to be popular. I wasn't a nerd at school, I didn't do badly with my studies but socially I often felt like 'a square peg in a round hole'. And funnily enough my daughter is the same!! 

So of course when I saw the word 'square' for this challenge, I just knew I had to create a card showing that being a 'square' isn't bad at all:


I didn't wear glasses when I was younger but I had braces for four years, which in my day made you very 'geeky' and the butt of peoples jokes. Strangely though my daughter has the opposite problem with hers, the girls are all jealous of her braces and can't wait to get them!!

As you can see, this little bunny might be a 'geek' but she is simple and understated, needs no embellishment and is happy to be on her own. She is the definition of 'chic' not 'square'!

I stamped this sentiment from Imaginisce on the square card front. To give the image some more definition, I stamped the bunny (from Pretty Pink Posh 'Holiday Pals') on a scrap piece of white CS, stamped on her glasses (from the same stamp set) and coloured her with pencils. I then fussy cut her out, popped her on foam tape and added Glossy Accents to her glass frames.

I'm also going to link this card to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


Its 9pm Sunday night here, so better go and make sure the kids are tucked up in bed and read a bit more with them. The weekend was flat out but I got a lot done. Max caught up with his friend Zac today, who is off tomorrow for 4 weeks with his Dad over to England and Barcelona. He is going to have such an amazing time and I can't wait to see all his adventures thru his Instagram account. Oh how I would love to go and do that with my kids!!

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. Such a fun card and I was right there with you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing and so clever!! Perfectly CAS!! Love!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you let the cute iamge speak for itself, Shona! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dayang girl. You're so stinkin smart. Absolutely perfect take on this cue word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo the winner in my book, Sho! Loved the story and could definitely relate and then loved your card even more! CASlicious to the max!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, it is "hip to be square," after all! This is fabulous...clean, cute, and clever! So glad you played along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona, I love your take on the cue word and that bunny is totally adorable and totally chic! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever so cute and CAS! So happy you could join in the CASology challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too darn cute...love your sweet bunny!

    ReplyDelete