Saturday 1 July 2017

Honey I Shrunk the Kit - July 2017

Hi there everybody and welcome to the latest edition of 'Honey I Shrunk the Kit'!! I have to warn you that this is a rather long post, so grab a cup of coffee/tea and a few biscuits (chocolate I hope) and make yourself comfortable!!





Myself and four other friends take turns every two months to send out an envelope filled with crafty goodies and we post the cards created with it on our blogs to see what we all came up with. Its so much fun and rather amazing to see the difference between our cards even though we use the same kit!!




Hazel was our 'Kit Hostess' this month and this is the kit she put together for us called 'Going Up'. You know how much I love die-cuts so was falling over myself to use those and the stamp images are so darling. This is Hazel's list of kit contents:


STAMPS: Gerda Steiner Designs - You're Koalafied/ STAMPlorations - Noteworthy 2/ Bella Stamps - Tomorrow's Dream & A Beautiful Day/

DIES: MFT - Brushstroke Birthday Greeting/ Clearly Besotted - Let's Party Die Collection / Spellbinders - Day Dreams (sun and clouds) / Butterflies (not sure)

OTHER: Patterned paper: Stampin' Up! - Birthday Basics (retired) / Yellow twine (my stash)


For my first card I coloured in the large koala image with pencils and then fussy cut out. I also pencil coloured the smaller koala and stuck him in for a hug. I used the paper from the kit and die-cut it using a stitched oval die from Studio Katia. This was adhered to the card front, the koala's were put on foam tape over top and then the same done with the kit sentiments. I then added some green sequins, also from Studio Katia and gold from Neat and Tangled.


For my second card I had to do something with these balloon shapes. I used my new Distress Oxide ink to create a sky colour. I adhered the clouds to the card and put the sun in the corner after colouring with Distress Ink 'Mustard Seed'. The balloons were all coloured with Gansai Tambi 'Pearl Colours' and I wish you could see the shimmer of this paint, its divine!! I worked out where the balloons would sit and drew in some strings. The balloons were put on foam tape and a few Neat and Tangled sequins added for shine.


For card no. 3, I carried on with a similar look. I used the same Distress Oxide ink to colour the sky background, its so lovely to use and blends beautifully. I then coloured the butterflies using the same Gansai Tambi 'Pearl Colors' paint but this time mixing two colours together. I cut the sentiment out using another stitched-oval die from Studio Katia and glued on the card front. The butterflies were then popped up on foam tape, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins.


For my fourth card I decided to keep within the same idea of the previous two cards. I just have to say that I love this little girl so much and think I'm going to have to track down the stamp set somehow!! I blended the Distress Oxide ink again for the sky background. I coloured the clouds lightly with grey pencil and fussy cut out. These were adhered to the card front, along with the sentiment die-cut with the same Studio Katia stitched-oval die. 

I painted the balloon with the Gansai Tambi 'Pearl Colors' using 'Pearl Pink' and 'Pearl Scarlet Red' (which is such a pretty peachy colour). I coloured the girl with my pencils, using the same pink/peach colour scheme and fussy cut her out. I popped her up on foam tape and did the same with the balloon. And of course I had to add some peachy and pink sequins from Neat and Tangled.


I hope you've made it this far as I've saved my favourite for last!! For my fifth card I coloured the scene with my pencils and then used a stitched-rectangle die from Pretty Pink Posh, which fitted around it perfectly. It didn't look right against the white card front so I cut a rectangle of black CS slightly bigger and adhered the panel on top. This was glued on to the card front. The sentiment was cut out with a circle die from Couture Creations and popped on foam tape. 

I love this scene so much and the sentiment goes with it perfectly. Its so very sweet and I now have yet another stamp set I need to buy!!!

Whew, that was huge!! If your still awake well done. If not, have another couple of chocolate biscuits as there are more cards to be seen. You can now pop over to see what the other girls created with the same kit:
                                      

Thank you so much Haze for creating the most amazing kit, and thank you for reading such a long post. I'm off to see what the rest of the 'Honey's' made!!

Take care
Shona

 

6 comments:

  1. Simply fabulous Shona and as you say I love that we both used the reverse of the balloon paper as a background to the koalas... Great minds eh!!! Your oxide ink blends look stunning and teamed with those delicious pastel colours on each of your cards adds to the dreamy little scenes. Your colouring with paint and pencils is perfection itself and you've really made the kids elements pop here. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....so many sweet and adorable cards Shona! Your final card is my favorite, that sentiment is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok hon, Found this little girl stamp from Sprinkleberry: https://www.sprinkleberry.com.au/ and they still have the Tomorrow's Dream stamp available. The one with the umbrella is sold out. https://www.sprinkleberry.com.au/products/tomorrows-dream?variant=29126814657. Not sure what postage is to NZ for this set. Let me know if you need me to get it for you and send it across. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, me again! Let me just say that I am thrilled that you got so much joy out of this kit!! I wasn't sure how it was going to go, but I have to agree, the little girl stole my heart too, and if you would like me to send you any more stamped images of her from both stamp sets, I am very happy to do so. Just let me know what ink and paper you would like me to send it on :-) You really have made each of these elements sing! I love how you have backed that koala with that patterned paper! It never even crossed my mind, but it seemed to have crossed both yours and Sarah's! Unbelievable! I have to say that those Gansai Tambi colours look absolutely stunning on these cards!! I can definitely see their shimmer - it's almost textural! WOW! Love how you paired the balloons and the clouds, and love, love, love how you have inked the backgrounds in that dreamy blue. Your butterflies literally fly off the card, and I love how you have your little girl ascending into the clouds. It reminded me of Mary Poppins, whom I absolutely adore!!! Like you, that sentiment is another favourite, and I love how you have popped it up alongside your beautifully coloured image. Honestly, so grateful to have you alongside me as a fellow Honey! You girls do amazing things with these simple little kits! Big mwah to you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow...you have squeezed every last bit of goodness out of this kit. Amazing array of eye candy for your viewers. Those balloons look like they're made of felt because your blending is so terrific. And the little girl cards are perfect. I love the last one the best, as well. But have to say, the koala card is special, too. Oh heck, I can't decide...guess I just love 'em all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm a bit late, Shona, but wow you've created some super cards here. The green paper obviously bypassed me completely as I just saw the balloons but you and Sarah were on the same wavelength here, using it as a perfect background. I'm loving your soft blended backgrounds with your Oxide inks (on my wishlist!) and those watercoloured die cuts look fabulous painted with the pearl colours. Great work with those gorgeous girls, wonderfully coloured and perfect layouts for them too. My absolute favourite is the balloons, clouds and sun...such a feel good card to send to a friend and I love the pastel colours, so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete