Monday 17 July 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post - July

Hello there and welcome to my CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Girl Friday' post for the month of July!!




When I was making this card it was a very dreary and cold Winters day here in New Zealand and I was so tired from working each day in the frost, pruning roses and preparing gardens for the cold. So, I really needed something to brighten my day and make me smile and what better way than a rainbow??


I don't usually photograph my cards laying down but with so little sunshine I just couldn't get a photo without lots of shadow. At least all those bright colours look good against the white top of my bedside table!!

I cut a panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS and heat embossed the branch from 'Casual Comfort' in white around the edge of the panel, creating a frame. I then grabbed 10 different Distress Ink colours and used a different one for each branch. Once they were all coloured I moved the colours into the middle of the panel, trying not to end up with a brown, muddy mess!!

I didn't want to cover up any of this colour, so die-cut the 'smile' from 'Smiling Fri-Dies' 3x from black CS, glued them all together and then to the panel. I also covered it in Glossy Accents for a bit more shine. To finish off I glued on a few co-ordinating sequins from Neat and Tangled for a bit more bling!! This totally brought a smile to my face and I hope yours too!




If your tempted to purchase any of the items I used today or any other products from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  don't forget to use my special code to save  yourself 15%. And there are also a load of Retiring stamp sets that are only $7.77 and you can save 15% on those as well!! So get to it and shop!







Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope I've made you smile and that the smile continues for the rest of the day!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Who couldn't smile looking at this glorious rainbow. All that luscious, vibrant color. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete