Thursday 9 February 2017

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 76

Hi there everyone and welcome to my quick reminder about our current TIME OUT  challenge. We are wanting you to be inspired by the following words:


           'Friends are connected heart to heart, distance and time can't break them apart'


You can be inspired by the whole sentence or just one word, its all up to you!! And we are very excited to have CAS-ual Fridays Stamps as our Sponsor for this challenge. They will be giving the winner a $25 gift voucher to their store. And they have also just had a new release which is gorgeous, so this would be a fabulous voucher to win!!!!






For my card I wanted it to have a real emphasis on love, a great big heart and lots of white space:

 
To start off I stamped the hearts on white CS using Hero Arts Shadow Ink - Mid Tone in 'Bubblegum'. I used my MISTI which allowed me to stamp it twice to get the colour to be really vivid and I was able to stamp over top with Versamark Ink and heat emboss with clear powder. This made the hearts all shiny!! I was then able to use a mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' to colour over and around the heart. I used a round die from Couture Creations to cut it out.

I die-cut two arrows from white CS and stamped the sentiments in black. The heart circle was popped up on foam tape and the arrows were adhered in place with foam tape at the ends. I also added some sequins for a bit more shine.

The stamp images are all from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Cupids Arrow', as well as the matching die set 'Heartboard Fri-Dies'. The sequins are from a set prepared for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps by Pretty Pink Posh for their Calling All Sistah's Collection called 'Sistahood Sparkle'. 

I have three challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Card Challenge # 83 




Stamplorations - CAS Card Challenge - February 




Uniko Challenge # 39 



You have until Wednesday 15th February to link your cards to the TIME OUT challenge. And please pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer Jane of Purplejet Loves Craft (who creates some amazing CAS designs) have created for your inspiration. Can't wait to see your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

16 comments:

  1. Great design Shona, love you built up the hearts inside the circle and the stamping on the arrows is perfect. Also thanks for joining AAA x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Shona ! I love how you built up the heart ! And these arrows to place the sentiment are so great ! Very CAS design ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning focal point. Love all those hearts and arrows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a perfect Valentine's day card, it makes me thinks of a cupid who has shot his arrow! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Shona. Love the arrows piercing the stripy hearts ,such a cool and modern look. Thanks for playing at Uniko and AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those arrows hit me right between the eyes. So the target was the perfect idea. What a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, Shona. Gorgeous design and beautiful ink blending. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Sandie...love how you built up the hearts. Fabulous CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fun design and wonderfully crisp and CAS x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super simple super fabulous Shona. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations for our February CAS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet, CAS and fabulous, Shona ... and so fun! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love this, Shona! Great spotlighting type effect with the arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shona I adore this card. It's so pretty - the arrows and the swirls and just 💋 perfection. Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The impact of your card is wonderful, love the bold heart and how you have added the sentiment arrows. Stunning CAS perfection. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. My apologies for my lateness in popping by and commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete