Sunday 16 October 2016

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - October Girl Friday post # 2

Hi everybody, I'm very happy this month as I get to have two blog posts as a CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  'Girl Friday'.




As you may have heard, October is 'Breast Cancer Awareness Month' and in honour of that the blog has been turned pink! The 'Girl Friday' team have also been designing their cards with a touch of pink as well.

I realised the other day that I haven't made a shaker card for quite a while and have a great stash of pink seed beads itching to be used. So this was the perfect time to get die-cutting and using loads of foam tape:


To create the shaker I started off with a panel of white CS the same size as my card front. I used the larger circle die from the 'Ornament Tag Fri-Die' set to cut the bigger circle. I then used the smaller circle die to cut the larger circle piece and then the smaller flower from the 'Mon Ami Fleur Fri-Dies' to cut the flower from it.

A piece of acetate was adhered behind the panel and large circle, and the smaller circle piece was glued on top in the middle. I flipped the panel over and used foam tape to create the holding area around the big circle and the flower, so I could then pour in two different colours of seed beads. I removed all the foam tape backing strips and pressed the card front down on top of it to seal the shaker. 

To finish off I heat embossed the sentiment from the 'Mon Ami' stamp set in gold on a strip of white CS, popped it up on foam tape and added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.




If your thinking you might like to buy the sets I used today (the 'Ornament Tags' and 'Mon Ami' stamp set are on sale) or any other CAS-ual Fridays Stamps products, your more than welcome to use my special 'Girl Friday Code' to save yourself 15% on your purchase.


 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I really encourage you to pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog over the next few days as there may be some new products coming your way.....

Take care
Shona
 


 

1 comment: