Thursday 19 May 2016

Time Out Challenge # 57

Another two weeks have whizzed on by which means is already time for a new TIME OUT challenge theme. This time our theme is:


                                               INSPIRED BY WORDS
                                    May all your weeds be wild flowers


You can be inspired by however you choose with these words. You might like the whole sentence or just one word, its totally up to you!!

We have a Sponsor for this challenge too, Clearly Besotted Stamps who are giving a gift voucher to the challenge winner. Lucky them!!!




Our Guest Designer for this challenge is Julia from Derkleineklecks blog. Julia does amazing things with pattern paper and her use of embellishments is incredible. Its wonderful to have her with us!!

As soon as I saw the words for this challenge I knew exactly what stamp set I would use:


How handy that I had the exact words in a stamp set!! I started off by stamping and heat embossing the flowers and leaves on water colour CS in a copper colour. I've never used this embossing powder colour before but keep coming across copper everywhere I look, so thought I would try it with some water colouring.

This is where it got REALLY exciting. A friend lent me a set of Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water colour paints to try out. Everyone seems to have these (except me) and I had heard so many good things about them. Turns out they are even better than I expected!! They really do paint like butter and the colours are so vivid and smooth. I painted my flowers and leaves with them, going back over to add more depth and shading where I could. 

After stamping and heat embossing the sentiment in the same copper colour, I spent quite a long time fussy cutting the flowers and leaves. After working out their arrangement, I added a strip of copper metallic washi tape to the side of the card and then used glue tape and liquid glue to hold the flowers in place. I'm so happy with the copper colouring, I definitely have to use it again!!

The copper washi tape is from Papervine and the stamps from Stamplorations - Dee's Artsy Impressions 'Blooming Buds'. 

I have five challenges I would like to enter:

Stamplorations - May CAS Challenge 

  
Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday - April 


Creative with Stamps Challenge # 2


Joy Clair May Challenge


The Challenge # 73 

 

You have two weeks to enter your creations into the TIME OUT challenge and if your struggling for ideas and inspiration, the rest of the Design Team have some amazing projects on the blog just for you. Can't wait to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
      

22 comments:

  1. Stunning Shona! Love the richness of the color against the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Shona! I love the colors! Since you used Dee's Blooming Buds stamps, make sure you link it up too to the STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge (link to that is on the navigation bar on the blog). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool you had the same sentiment! The copper embossing is amazing. I just got some too and some platinum. Your water colouring is so very cool. I just love all the cards you design Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear me...this is incredible. You need to keep those paints because you really know how to use them. Awesome card and the copper really enhances the images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear me...this is incredible. You need to keep those paints because you really know how to use them. Awesome card and the copper really enhances the images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear me...this is incredible. You need to keep those paints because you really know how to use them. Awesome card and the copper really enhances the images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply beautiful, Shona! The flower image is perfect for the gold embossing and painted petals. I like that copper washi tape too ~ hmmm, don't think I have that in my collection ;-)
    Thank you so much for playing along with Creative With Stamp Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly beautiful!! I love love love the addition of the copper EP! Beautifully colored!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, impressive fussy cutting! That copper looks so stunning, very rich and beautifully metallic! Great card in all ways, I love your coloring too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous! Love the gold embossing, and that's some very detailed fussy cutting as well. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Shona! Love the gorgeous copper stripe down the side. Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Shona! Those blooms are beautifully watercolored and that coppoer embossing powder is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just lovely, Shona ... such gorgeous watercolouring on those lovely coppery embossed blooms ... a real beauty! Think there are still a few of us without those yummy Kuretake Gansai Watercolours ... wonder how long the resistance will last?!! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really beautiful and perfectly CAS, Shona! The copper embossing gives the card such warmth. I bought this stamp set recently and thought also this will be the perfect set for the Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is perfectly scrumptious, Shona! LOVE that copper embossing paired with the matching strip, and your watercolor is perfection! I got my Kuretake Gansai watercolors last fall and don't know how I ever got along without them now. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and so perfectly CAS - I love it :)
    Thanks for joining our challenge at "Creative With Stamps",
    Eunice (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card and the perfect sentiment for this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! Love the gold embossing!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just gorgeous - I see gold embossing all over the place nowadays and it always wow's me! Thank you so much for linking up with us at Joy Clair - I ALWAYS love seeing your cards, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice CAS card, love the gold embossing. Thanks for joining Joy Clair challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this design! Thanks for playing along with the Joy Clair Challenge! Hope to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete