Sunday 24 April 2016

The Challenge # 69

Have just been for a fantastic bike ride with Dave and the kids. Its another gorgeous Autumn day, so we rode to the park and then into town. And of course we had to stop for ice cream on the way home!!


I'm squeezing in with a few hours to spare to The Challenge.  I absolutely love the inspiration photo and had to make sure I joined in! I knew straight away which die I wanted to use, which is always a great way to start:



I cut a piece of water colour CS and used Distress Inks to create a rainbow effect. I used the hearts die to cut the rainbow hearts and then on some white CS to create the heart frame. I glued the frame to the card front and then each heart in order. The 'hello' die was cut 4x from black CS, glued together and added to the card. I covered it in Glossy Accents to give it a shiny look. And I just realised that I didn't do any stamping at all on this card!!

The heart die is from Simon Says Stamp 'Stacked Hearts' and well as the 'hello' die.

I'm also going to link this to the Little Tangles Challenge # 67 where their theme is:

I need to go take the dogs for a walk now, they are dying to get going and have been hanging around me while I type this post. Its never a chore to take them out in the sunshine and they love it so much!! And sometimes I come up with the best card designs while I'm watching them hunt for rats. So its good for everyone!

Take care
Shona
 

14 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME, Shona, love that die and I love your multi color hearts, very creative! Thanks for playing along with us at The Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooohhhh....love what you've designed!
    Yay for icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Love how you filled in all of the heart-shaped openings with the teeny, tiny rainbow colored hearts. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just awesome, Shona!! Love the rainbow hearts!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang...you're so clever. This is terrific. You absolutely aced this. A-maz-ing inlay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang...you're so clever. This is terrific. You absolutely aced this. A-maz-ing inlay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona....this is simply fabulous! Love your wonderful rainbow of sweet hearts! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous card, Shona!!!!!
    Sounds as if you had a fun day cycling and taking the dogs for a walk ...and you had an ice cream!!!!! Nothing can be better!!! Enjoy the autumn weather and have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shona how wonderful ... a stamp-less card always makes me happy! Is that bad?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another SWEET card, Shona!
    Thanks again for joining us at Little Tangles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty! I love the paper you created to fill in the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. So. Sweet. Those teensy hearts are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did I not tell you that you aced this challenge. You were a shoe-in to be the winner.

    ReplyDelete