Monday 29 February 2016

Winnie and Walter Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenge with Kate

I promise this is my last post for the evening!! I seem to have a habit sometimes of no posts for a while and then a million at once! My husband says I've always been an 'all or nothing' type of person, maybe he's right (but don't tell him that....).




This is my fourth entry to the Winnie and Walter Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenge and this time I'm joining Kate Capper's challenge to design 'Anything but a card'. To be honest, its not very often I make anything else apart from cards. It took a few days to come up with an idea but its one I think I will be making many times more:
 

This was so hard to photograph but suddenly realised leaning the tag against something was much easier than trying to hold it myself AND try to take the photo.....

I die-cut the multi-faceted star from white CS and also using the solid star die. At the same time, I also die-cut the faceted star from some white craft foam. I then used my mini-blending tool and five different colours of Distress Ink to create a rainbow effect on the star, making each point its own colour and blending in the middle. This was then glued to the foam piece, and then to the solid star. I heat embossed the sentiment in white on a tiny piece of black CS and glued to the front. A piece of gold thread was adhered behind the star to give it something to hang from. 

I'm so happy with how this turned out and Phoebe loves it so much, she wants me to make a lot more for her room and to put on any presents we give to people during the year. 

The multi-faceted star and solid star dies are from Winnie and Walter, as well as the sentiment from 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy'.

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

W&W Belated 2nd Birthday Bash Challenge with Vanessa (Rainbow)

Inkspirational Challenge # 103 


Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)


I'm off to bed, yippee!! Just need to tidy up my mess first, all this die-cutting with multi-faceted dies has left millions of tiny triangles all over my carpet. How I wish little 'craft angels' came in the middle of the night to clean up everything I've dropped. One can only dream......

Take care
Shona
 

11 comments:

  1. WOW your rainbow star is soooo pretty!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Shona! this is sooo fun, luv the amazing colors and design! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! That star die is fantastic and I like how you used the bright color. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Shona, this is dreamy and marvelous!! I keep staring all over it!! Pinning and winning!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea, Shona ... that multifaceted star is fantastic in those vibrant rainbow colours ... such a fab tag! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular, Shona! I love your star in rainbow colors & to make it a tag was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A favorite from the four for sure, Shona! Phoebe knows a good thing when she sees it!!! I'd want them strung across my entire ceiling if I were her!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this on IG and just flipped out...this is really fantastic. We don't tell have to tellour men anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, LOVE this, Shona!!!! Such a brilliant idea!!! Very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Shona, so clever. Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete