Thursday 14 January 2016

Fusion 2nd Birthday Challenge

My goodness its warm this evening!! Its about 20 degrees (celcius) which is warm for trying to get to sleep. So all the windows are open, which the mosquitoes are loving!!


Its a birthday celebration for the Fusion challenge, they are 2 years old!! Its a challenge I've always loved entering. Even my most popular blog post was when I won the Christmas Challenge with my round shaker card in 2014....and I still see it being pinned on Pinterest!! So Fusion has a special place in my heart......

I have a few ideas with this gorgeous inspiration photo and sketch. Hopefully I will get some time to make the others before I miss out. This card came about after playing with my new stamps last night and I immediately went for these flower colours:

 

I stamped the flowers from my new Create A Smiles 'Botanical Love' stamp set and coloured with my water colour pencils. I fussy cut them out but didn't include the stamens, as they were too fiddly to cut nicely. I also stamped two small and one large leaf from the same stamp set, coloured with pencils and fussy cut as well.

The frame (from Pretty Pink Posh) was die-cut twice from white CS and once from black CS and glued together. I added lots of foam tape to the back and put it on the middle of the card. I glued the leaves to the back of the flowers and then put them on foam tape as well. After stamping the sentiment (from the same set) I added co-ordinating sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. Love those Summery colours!!

Will also be linking this to the Create A Smile 'February Guest Designer Call' and will cross all my fingers and toes!!!


Right, I'm off to bed as I have to get up really early to go gardening. Its supposed to be even hotter tomorrow, so will try to get the weeding finished before I melt. And I'm sure the kids and I will then be off to the pool. There is a piece of cheesecake in the fridge with my name on it, so will sneak it off to bed and read for a bit. Can burn those calories off in the morning before I have to put my togs on.....fingers crossed.....

Take care
Shona

 

9 comments:

  1. Love how you used the open windows for the flowers to pop out of Shona. Absolutely stunning. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The contrast between the black frame, white background and the vibrant flowers works so well. I see you are heading for a hot couple of days - it's supposed to get to 34 here today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome card! Love the flowers on the triple frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ding, ding, ding ... we have a winner! Gorgeous - for both challenges! ... wait ... did you say cheesecake?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smell a winner, AGAIN! You totally nailed this one. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card! Good luck! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty, Shona ... lovely blooms tumbling against that bold frame! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete