Friday 3 July 2015

Showcase Your Style Challenge # 18

One last post for the day and I promise I will give you all a rest tomorrow! I'm a bit of an idiot as I worked for a while on this card last night using the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge # 129.


I was so excited about my card and then realised at 1.45am this morning that the challenge had finished a few hours earlier. Talk about stupid!! I had put the challenge on the wrong day on my calendar. Have done that three times with this one, you would think I would have learn't my lesson by now......

Anyway, while I made my card, I wanted to incorporate colours from the Showcase Your Style Challenge # 18, where they have these colours for inspiration:


These are 'Mummies Colours' the kids would say. They know I love light blue and grey, so couldn't miss out on playing with these:


I got out my big tin of paint chips (yes, again...) and after die-cutting the circles, I put colours behind each one. And I must say it was quite fun stamping the sentiment on the side. Its not often I stamp sentiments in a different way, so have to do this again. I added some clear and blue sequins for sparkle like the crystals in the photo.

The two largest circle dies are from Couture Creations and the smaller ones are from Clearly Besotted 'Simply Quilled'. The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti 'Fancy Word Co-ordinates'. The clear sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and the blue from Avery Elle.

I will also link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Going Dotty'.

Need to sit down with the kids at the weekend and work out what they would like to do over the holidays. I can't afford to take them away anywhere unfortunately but we can usually find something fun to do that doesn't require money. 

I'm organising for four of Max's friends to come over for an afternoon in the second week. They can all bring their ipods/ipads and join each other on their games and eat lollies for a few hours. They don't usually get a chance to do it as you want them to play or go outside, so thought it would be great for them to have one time to go for gold. Should be interesting......and I can send them all home hopped up on sugar before they go crazy!!

Take care
Shona

 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I just love circkles :) Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cascade of circles are absolutely a fresh, fun take on the sketch! Yayyy for the paint chips (need to remember I have a stack...somewhere). The sideways sentiment works marvelously! Your plans for Max and his friends sounds grand...a chance to just 'chill out' and relax...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. What a great take on the challenge, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CLEVER! love the use of that color combo and great idea using that sketch
    your card is a cleverness Shona
    love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, Shona ... such a crisp and CAS cascade of circles ... love it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever and creative design, I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous colors! Very nice! Thank you so much for playing along with the Going Dotty Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete