Wednesday 15 April 2015

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 140

Well, Winter seems to have finally found us and I have stoked the fire and filled up the wood box for the night. These wintery, cold days are perfect for card making. And just in case you need an excuse to create, its time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps.


For this week we have this amazing photo to inspire you. All that white on white, the antique furniture, the pop of colour from the flowers....there are so many ways to be inspired by this scene. Its totally up to you what you create and I can't wait to see the finished product!

As you know, I do like a lot of white on my cards, so all the white furniture, flooring and walls had me jumping for joy. The pink flowers also caught my eye, so I knew I would have to incorporate them both into my card:



I jumped out of my comfort-zone again for this card and had another go at water colouring. A few weeks ago I purchased a few 'garage sale' items from Sarah Moerman of My Impressions. I've been following Sarah's blog for a while, her cards are incredible and she is part of the SSS DT. She still has quite a few items for sale at a very good price!!

I heat embossed the flower stamp in white on some water colour paper. I coloured first with Spun Sugar Distress Ink and then added highlights with Picked Raspberry and I used Spiced Marmalade to colour the flower middle. I cut this out very carefully and added foam tape to the back. After die-cutting the white-stitched panel from white CS, I adhered it straight to the card front and added the flower on top. The sentiment was stamped in black ink and I held back from using any embellishment. I wanted my flower to be the star!

I tried to remember everything I've seen on tutorial videos about painting and I'm sure to someone who paints a lot it looks awful but I've got to be brave and start somewhere. And if my husband and children are impressed, it can't be too bad-ish.....

The flower is from Hero Arts 'Clings' and the sentiment from Lil' Inker 'Rainbows and Clouds Sentiments'. The rectangle-stitched die is from Pretty Pink Posh.

I have five challenge's I'd like to enter:

AAA Cards Challenge # 37 


Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge  (April Showers/Spring Flowers)

Fusion Card Challenge 
 

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Theme is 'Middle' - focal point of my card is the middle flower)

A Blog named Hero 






You have one week to get your entries linked to the Addicted to Stamps Challenge. And of course the rest of the Design Team have created an incredible array of projects to inspire your creativity on the blog. Can't wait to see your design in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona






 

 

26 comments:

  1. Such an amazing bloom! Thanks for joining us at Fusion Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so soft and pretty and I love that big bloom as your focal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous. I love the soft pink flower - really is the star of the card! The colouring is fabulous. Great take on the photo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely CAS card - Thanks for joining in at AAA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is a stunner and the flower really is the star. Your colouring looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how your beautiful flower takes centre stage - definitely the star! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the soft pinks against the white. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love you watercolored flower and the color combo looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so beautiful! That flower is stunning and I love how you've made it the star of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty stamp and a bargain to boot! Fab card all round. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Shona! I really love how you colored the bloom, and your CAS design is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous work!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolute stunner, LOVE that big single bloom. And your shades of pink watercolouring look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Shona! That flower is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ....oh my!!! You've rendered me speechless with your beautiful, delicate, soft-colours flower. Leaving the bloom to take center stage...brilliant! I'm smitten...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you can safely say watercolouring is now inside that comfort zone, Shona ... your bloom is just lovely ... delicate, soft and beautiful ... love how it's taken centre stage! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such sheer beauty and elegance Shona. Perfectly CAS and stunning.
    Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards too.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful; elegant and looks so delicate! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! Stunning and so CAS! Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shona this is such a gorgeous image! Love the CAS layered look :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. hello Shona! stunning card, I luv this! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty, fresh CAS card, Shona! Love the watercoloured flower and white space :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is so pretty Shona and your watercolouring looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so BUSY at challenges, YAY, WAY TO GO, you go girl!!! Love this for FUSION and the Spring theme at AAA Cards, Love your energy and beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This card is so lovely Shona! I love the big flower your used, it makes such a beautiful statement!

    ReplyDelete