Thursday 15 January 2015

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge # 22

Well, we are already half-way through our latest challenge at TIME OUT and the entries linked so far are incredible!!


This is the challenge inspiration photo. I wanted to try out a different shape with the design for my second card but of course that big, red 'hello' just had to shine somewhere:


This time I focused a bit more on the paisley cushion. I loved the swirls and mix of colours, so thought my new wreath die would help me out!

I started by using the metal die to cut 3 wreaths out of the floral paper. These were then stuck together with glue for height. I then used the wreath die on the green paper but only wanted the negative from the inside of the wreath shape. I glued the floral wreath to the card front, then added some adhesive to the back of the green piece and pushed it inside the wreath. It was a little bit tricky because I had to match it all up so it would fit.

This now mean's that because the floral wreath is made up of 3 layers, it sits proud of the inner piece, which gives fantastic dimension. I die cut the 'hello' from red CS and glued them all together. This was then adhered to the green paper. No embellishments seemed to work (no matter what I tried), so it remains floating in a sea of white.

The wreath die is from Papertrey Ink and the 'hello' die from The Crafters Workshop. The floral paper is from Chickaniddy Crafts 'Scrumptious' and the green from Kaisercraft 'Happy Snaps'.

I'm also going to link my card to celebrations over at Muse Challenge # 100. They are celebrating their 100th challenge, which is so fabulous!!! I really enjoy entering as much as I can because their inspiration cards are so divine! For this challenge, the wonderful Michele from I Card Everyone is hosting. She is asking for you to design a card 'accentuating the negative' and to include a word or line from a song. Well, I used the green negative of the wreath die to add to the middle and 'Hello', who could forget the classic Lionel Richie song. Congratulations Muse!!!!!

And will also link to the Virginia's View Challenge # 11 where their theme is:



You have until next Wednesday 21st January, 5pm to enter the TIME OUT challenge. I really hope you have time to join us, would love to see you there!!!!

Take care
Shona

10 comments:

  1. I didn't even pick out the paisley, amazing how we all see different things! And this is a really creative take on the photo, fab dimension and such a great way to use a wreath stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in doubt if I would use the paisley; I'm allways attracktive to them...just like with your card; it is a beautiful cozy card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wreath looks so cool! Love, love, love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic combination of these challenges! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona!!! Yay! I love what you've done with this card... well, basically, I love every little thing you do... thanks for playing at Muse, with my very first edition!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Shona ... the dimension on the wreath and hello is fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Shona - I really want to play in this challenge - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a well thought-out design, Shona! Love the arrangement of colors and detailed image! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Clean Slate” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona...just so wonderful. I love your fabulous design too using that circle, something I don't use often but you totally rocked it. enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to die-cut the wreath from the floral paper, love it Shona!

    ReplyDelete