Saturday 31 January 2015

Cure for the Monday Blues # 41

Finally, a chance to use my neon ink pads!!! As you know I'm not really one for bright colour on my cards. Last year I was lucky enough to win some Neon Pigment Ink pads and to be honest, they have always scared me! I've never been quite sure how to use them until now.....

Look at those magnificent colours! As soon as I saw this photo for the Cure for the Monday Blues challenge this week, I knew I had to give it a go. Talk about totally out of my comfort zone!!!



I started by cutting a piece of black CS the same size as the card front and die cutting the rectangle. I marked out where the rectangle would sit, so I could stamp in the area that would show, and went to town with the stamps and inks. I glued a piece of acetate to the back of the rectangle, then added lots of foam tape. 

On top of the bright stamps, I made a pile of sequins and then placed the black window piece over top. The 'happy' was white embossed on black CS and fussy cut, then popped up on foam tape. While the rest of the sentiment was embossed straight onto the card.

The sentiment stamps are from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and Happy' and the fireworks type stamps are also W&W 'Big Bang Bling'. The sequins are a mixture from Pretty Pink Posh and Neat and Tangled.

Since this card became a shaker, I'm going to enter this into the W & W 1st Birthday Bash - Shaker Challenge with Julie.


Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

It was another dreary day here today as rain tried its hardest to pay us a visit. The kids just wanted to stay at home, so I managed to spend the afternoon making four cards! Unbelievable I know and it was so nice. Can go to bed early(ish) tonight!!

Take care
Shona
 


 

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun shaker card Shona!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black REALLY makes the neons pop even more, Shona - love your shaker take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge "Anything Goes"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and cheery, Shona ... all those fab colours really pop against the black frame! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For something out of your comfort zone you sure made it look second nature! Awesome shaker! Thank you *so* much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...this is knock-it-out-of-the-park AWESOME! Neon, black, white - and a shaker, to boot! Brilliant!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete