Monday 22 September 2014

Muse Challenge #85

This is the last card I made yesterday while visiting my Mum for the weekend and I had three other challenges in the back of my mind while putting this card together.





This is the gorgeous card for inspiration this week at Muse. I absolutely love those large flower stamps/dies (and must add them to my HUGE wishlist...) but unfortunately I don't have anything that large to emulate them. So I tried something new.....





I really wanted to make sure I had something die-cut and up on foam tape for my card. Unfortunately I don't have many stamps or die's to choose from. So....I used my favourite flower stamps and cut them out by hand. Please don't look too closely!! I only have one pair of scissors and they are by no means small enough to cut delicately but I did my best.

I stamped out my flowers and also a few extra leaves. After cutting them all out, I worked out the placement and adhered the pink flower with foam tape. I then used twice the amount of foam tape on the yellow flower. I decided to then adhere leaves around them, trying to keep it as balanced as I could. A stamped sentiment and enamel dots and I was finished.

I really like how it turned out, especially doing the different levels of foam tape. Have never done that before either and will certainly try it again.

The flower/leaf stamps are from Altenew 'Painted Flowers'. The sentiment is also from Altenew 'Sohcahtoa'. The enamel dots are from Papervine.

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I had three other challenges to think of:

I'm going to enter this card into the Curtain Call Challenge where they have beautiful flowers in the same colours in their inspiration photo:

Also I will enter the challenge at AAA Cards #21 where their challenge is 'Fussy Cutting', which I certainly did with my flowers and leaves:

And last (but not least) I will enter as my second entry into the Artful Crafts - September 2014 Challenge where my flower colours are part of the inspiration colours:

Blimey, sorry for such a long post but so many wonderful challenges to be a part of. I commented on a blog today where the woman had entered her gorgeous card into about 12 different challenges. I've asked her what her secret is to linking them all (as it takes me ages to link just a few), so hopefully she will come back to me with her linking magic......

Take care
Shona

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Shona! Love the smaller scale and the white space! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Painted Flowers - the balance on your design is perfect and really works beautifully for these challenges. I feel very accomplished if I can link to 3 or 4 challenges, but I don't think I could keep track of 12 (?!) for one card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful take on Marion's inspiration card, Shona! I love your CAS design with these flowers and I think your fussy cutting is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Shona. I love this set from Altenew, it's on my wish list! So pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty posy, Shona ... so beautifully arranged ... and of course, I love all that yummy white space! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so beautiful Shona, great choice of stamps and the added enamel dots are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pretty. Shona! Looks like we were both reaching for the scissors! Your fussy cutting is wonderful!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something so fabulous and wonderful about fussy cutting. Making a truly handmade card is special. Your card is extraordinarily and simply beautiful, Shona! Thank you for fussy cutting with us this week at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, simply stunning Shona! How fun when you can link your card to three challenges and I am calling winner too! I love your sweet flowers. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Shona, the fussy cutting looks good to me and great colours x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent card, love seeing how you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, Shona - you work magic with the supplies that you have! A CAS design with such lovely detail. I have those flower stamps and have yet to ink them up :( Congrats on your HM - well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super sweet little flowers, so glad you could play along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shona two lovely projects. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fussy cutting looks fine to me! Lovely card, Shona! xx

    ReplyDelete