Sunday 14 September 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #29

I was so excited this week to hear that the challenge at Cure for the Monday Blues  had been extended for another week, as I really wanted to enter but ran out of time.


This photo makes me so hungry!!! Although I'm still trying to work out what the mint coloured liquid is...??? Anyhow, its looks divine and I loved all the colours and sweetness.




I came across this cute little jar stamp last week for $3 and knew it was perfect for this challenge. The only drawback is that I would have to cut it out by hand (so please, don't look too closely....) and I don't have any tiny detail scissors but I did my best.

I started by cutting the patterned paper with a stitched journal die. I then cut the pink polka-dot paper to the same width but slightly longer and used the stitched scallop die on the bottom edge. This reminded me of the scallop edge of the cake stand in the photo. 

I then stamped my jar 3x on some mint paper and hand cut. I adhered the bottom two directly to the rectangle and popped the top one up on foam tape. I even used my Wink of Stella on their lids for a bit of sparkle.

The rectangle was also put on foam tape over the polka dot paper and then all adhered to the card front. A few enamel dots and done. I now kind of wish I had put on some red enamel dots for a 'cherry hit' but oh well.

All the papers used are from Echo Park 'Everyday Eclectic'. The stitched journal die and stitched scallop die are both from Pretty Pink Posh and the enamel dots from Papervine. The jar stamp is from Rosies Studio.

Everyone is fast asleep after a busy weekend with friends and two late nights. I love this time of year, you can really smell Spring in the air, the blossoms are everywhere and their smell just makes me smile. Although, all my weeds are loving this weather too and have grown overnight it seems. Hope they have a good sleep tonight as I will be taking care of them all tomorrow......

Take care
Shona

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love how you mimicked the cake stand - so clever! Wonderful jar layering too, and I love the mix of colours and patterns. You know, I never stopped to think what that mint coloured stuff is, and now it's going to bug me, haha! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is absolutely SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've captured the inspiration photo perfectly, Shona ... more fabulous DP combining and aren't those jars just the sweetest! Hope the gardening went well! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete