Thursday 20 February 2014

Hello Sunshine Challenge

In Timaru, New Zealand there is the most fantastic craft store Artful Crafts. They stock a huge array of craft products and they are always able to source craft goodies that I see on all the blogs I follow.

Each month they have a craft project challenge and for February it is 'Hello Sunshine', projects they show the bright sunshiny days of summer.

I wanted to do something very simple and colourful and was inspired by a challenge I read about, where you get out something from your craft supplies that you haven't used in a long time and use it. I have a huge folder full of stickers from paper collections I have purchased. I don't use them much because for some reason I get stuck on how to incorporate them into my design. I would have thought it would be easy but not for my brain!!
So these are my summery cards! I used papers and stickers from 'A Perfect Summer' by Lori Whitlock.  
Each card is only 4 x 4 inches. 
And I used lots of foam squares.
I think I accomplished what I wanted...simple and colourful. I have a few other ideas for cards with a 'summery' theme, will see if I can get them done by the 27th Feb.

Was supposed to be 30 degrees here today but no where near that hot. What a shame, would have been great to go swimming straight after school with the kids. 

Take care
Shona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment