Monday 18 November 2013

Online Holiday Card Workshop - Day 3



There just aren't enough hours in the day at the moment and it will get worse as its gets closer to christmas.  Need to put 'extra 2 hours a day' on my Santa List!!

Day 3 of the workshop was fantastic. They were teaching about CAS (clean and simple) cards. Laura Bassen was first. She did amazing plaid stamping (which I couldn't try as don't have the right stamp) and also a gorgeous tag that had a die-cut heart in the middle matching up to the words. Unfortunately I don't have any small die-cuts either, so made my first ever tag with stamp washi tape and a stamp from Kaisercraft. The washi tape and string are from Papervine  .

Another card was made with some basic quilling of a Xmas Tree. It looked amazing, unfortunately I didn't have the right coloured paper and my hands shake too much!

A layered card was also shown by Shari Carroll, she is just so clever!

Shari also did a wonderful angled card using Lawn Fawn products. This is such a strange coincidence. I was making a card exactly like this on Saturday morning 2am which this class went online. We must have been thinking the same thing!!!!




So I got out my Peace Love Joy 6x6 pad and used the snowflake from the same collection. I added some glossy accent to the outside tips of the flakes and some rhinestones to their middles. And finished off with some red glitter fabric ribbon. 



And once again I found another small card in my leftovers, so used the same washi tape down the sides and stamped with Kaisercraft. I quite like doing these little ones. Must make a pile for my presents this year.

One more week of the class to go. I have been finding it hard to fit in trying so many cards but its so worth the extra time. Have learn't so much this past week and can't wait to see what comes up tomorrow morning. Would recommend this class to everyone and will definitely do it again next year!

Have Max home sick again today, so will be lots of Lego done in-between cleaning up from the weekend. Oh joy!

Take care
Shona
 


1 comment:

  1. You've creations are lovely--you've done a very nice job on all of them!

    ReplyDelete